The Small Business Association (SBA) released its Loan Forgiveness Application for the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) loan.
SCORE offers free live and recorded webinars & interactive courses on demand on small business topics.
Click HERE for more information on upcoming and recorded courses.
Local SCORE officeSCORE Geauga County14111 Claridon Troy RoadSCORE Geauga Campus, Kent StateBurton, OH, 44021Phone: 216.503.8168 Option 2
Governor DeWine announced a one-time rebate to defray the cost of restocking high-proof liquor. Beginning in mid-May, JobsOhio will provide a $500 rebate for eligible purchases made through Ohio Liquor Contract Agencies. This is one of many innovative programs developed by JobsOhio to assist businesses as they navigate the impact of the pandemic. For more rebate information and program registration, visit wholesale.ohlq.com.
Below are links to continued business closures as well as the sector specific operating requirements for reopening Ohio Businesses.
- Primary Sectors: Child Care; Consumer, Retail, Services & Entertainment; Deputy Registrar; Driver Examination Services; General Office Environments; Gyms, Dance Instruction Studios, and Other Personal Fitness Venues; Local Pools, Public Pools, and Aquatic Centers; Manufacturing, Distribution & Construction; Restaurants, Bars, and Banquet & Catering Facilities/Services; Restaurant Food Establishment Guidance; COVID-19 Dine Safe Ohio Order
- Outdoor Activities
- Personal Services
- Sports and Sports Leagues
- Healthcare and Hospitals
Recommendations for Water Supply Flushing for Reopening of Buildings Under Statewide COVID-19 Transition Plan
During the Stay at Home Order, many Ohio businesses, manufacturing facilities, churches and community buildings have been vacant or only partially occupied. It is important to flush water that has been stagnant in cold- and hot-water distribution lines and fixtures. It is also critical that buildings drain, flush and disinfect devices that store water like drinking fountains, hot water heaters, dental and medical equipment, and manufacturing devices that spray or mist water.
The Ohio Department of Health and the Ohio Environmental Protection Agency have developed recommended procedures that are posted at epa.ohio.gov/Portals/28/documents/pws/guidance-for-premise-plumbing-water-service-restoration.pdf. A letter for building occupants, owners and tenants is also available at epa.ohio.gov/Portals/28/documents/pws/ODH-OhioEPA-Building-Owners-Occupants-Tenants.pdf
Is your company thinking about getting started using 3D printing but not sure how? Visit this gateway to learn more and take the 3D printing readiness assessment today.
5 PROTOCOLS FOR ALL BUSINESSES:
- No mask, no work, no service, no exception. Require face coverings for employees and clients/customers at all times.
- Conduct daily health assessments by employers and employees (self-evaluation) to determine if “fit for duty.”
- Maintain good hygiene at all times – hand washing, sanitizing and social distancing.
- Clean and sanitize workplaces throughout workday and at the close of business or between shifts.
- Limit capacity to meet social distancing guidelines.
- Establish maximum capacity at 50% of fire code.
- And, use appointment setting where possible to limit congestion.
For more information visit: https://coronavirus.ohio.gov/wps/portal/gov/covid-19/responsible-restart-ohio/Responsible-Protocols/
New grant opportunity is available
Save the Small Business Grant Fund
The U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation has launched the Save Small Business Grant Fund. This provides $5,000 supplemental grants to small businesses with 3-20 employees in economically vulnerable communities which includes Middlefield Village.
You can begin applying April 20, 2020, at 12:00 PM. Click here to submit a reminder request to the US Chamber of Commerce (scroll to the bottom of the page) and to get more information.