Our online utility billing site gives you access to pay your bill 24-hours a day, 365 days a year. It’s a convenient way to pay your bill on your own time – with no waiting!
Safety is Priority One!
“Safety is Priority One!” That is the tagline that best describes the Geauga Safety Council. Established in July of 2006, the Safety Council is sponsored by the Bureau of Workers Compensation and the Middlefield Chamber of Commerce. The Safety Council is designed to promote strategies to increase safety and health in both the workplace and the community.
Currently, more than 9,000 Ohio businesses participate in the safety council program. In addition to receiving critical information to make a safer workplace, companies are rewarded for learning. Base or individual experience rated, group experience rated and group retrospective rated employers can obtain a rebate by meeting all the eligibility requirements and certain performance and/or benchmarks.
The Geauga Safety Council holds 11 monthly meetings a year plus two special events. Meetings are held the first Friday of the month (see the calendar of events). Meeting topics pertain to occupational safety and health, risk management, workers’ compensation, BWC services, rehabilitation or environmental issues.
School systems, townships, and municipalities are welcome to join, as well as non-profit and self-insured companies. There are NO dues and NO enrollment fees associated with becoming a Geauga Safety Council member. Employers may join the Geauga Safety Council at anytime. To participate in the rebate program, employers must complete and submit an enrollment form no later than July 31st.
A Great Place To Grow A Business
The object of this organization shall be to more fully promote, develop and maintain the civic, industrial, agricultural, business and social interest of the Middlefield area in Geauga County, Ohio.
The Middlefield Chamber of Commerce is committed to working as a partner with retail, industrial and agricultural businesses in our area. Our efforts on behalf of our members are designed to create a climate of professionalism through:
- educational programming
- legislative updates
- informative newsletters
- affiliation with larger state and national business organizations
- staffed business office meeting members’ needs and outside informational requests on a daily basis
We foster a spirit of cooperation among business professionals through:
- year-round networking opportunities, including monthly luncheons
- effective referral service, business to business
- community-wide promotions, such as Bicentennial Trade Dollar Program, Geauga County Bicentennial and Business After Hours programs to name a few
The Middlefield Chamber of Commerce takes pride in developing an ever-increasing package of benefits, allowing the small and mid-sized business to capitalize on programs usually only available to larger corporations. These include:
- Workers Compensation Group Rates
- Referrals and Promotions
- Cooperative Buying Programs
- Mailing List
- Enhanced Website
- Coaching and Mentoring
- Social and Civic Enhancement
For more information please Visit the Middlefield Means Health Days’ Page
The Village of Middlefield in partnership with University Hospitals Geauga Medical Center and Community Care is launching Middlefield Means Health 2018, a community health and wellness initiative. The goal is to promote a healthier Middlefield by encouraging and supporting village residents in improving their personal wellness. Area Fitness centers are offering special incentives. Scroll down to bottom of page to view.
What is the Middlefield Means Health Days Competition?
The Middlefield Means Health Days is a year long competition that takes a team/community approach to building healthier lifestyles. The players on each team strive to be more aware of their personal health and pursue approaches that will help in the betterment of their overall health.
Each Middlefield Means Health Day Team will compete against each other.
- Each team will be made up of employees or residents. Residents or smaller businesses can be put on the Village Team.
- One Employee MUST be Team Captain – this is the contact person for the team
Middlefield Means Health Days is a yearlong monthly program held on the 2nd Thursday of each month at the Middlefield Library. The Kick-off event is January 11, 2018 from 11:00am-1:00pm.
You’ll earn points throughout the challenge for making healthy choices and improving your screening results. Here’s a breakdown of the Middlefield Means Health Days point system:
- Participation at Monthly event 10 points
- Total number of team steps for the month (points calculated based on number of team participants at 10,000 steps per day)
- % improvement on Team blood pressure screening 1 point for every percent decreased
- % improvement on Team Blood glucose Screenings 1 point for every percent decreased
- % Improvement on Team Body Mass Index (BMI) 1 point for every percent decreased
- % improvement on Team Cholesterol Screenings 1 point for every percent decreased
- BONUS POINTS (added at the last month health Day)
- 12 points for completing all 12 months of the program
- 9 points for completing in 9 months of the program
- 6 points for completing in 6 months of the program
- 3 points for completing in 3 months of the program
Activity Sheets will be provided to record your steps and exercises. These Activity Sheets are for your records only to help you remember and record your activities each day. Team Captains are responsible for submitting to email@example.com the teams percentage decrease/increase.
This will be a 12 month competition with teams competing to win each quarter and overall for the year. After each quarter of the completion winners will be announced, after the full 12 months of competition the teams will be invited to a celebration where the overall winners will be announced.
The competition is designed to include people of all fitness and activity levels, whether they are already active or not. All participants who are interested can participate, learn new things, and have fun!
There will be awards for:
- Quarterly Team Winners
- Overall Middlefield Means Health Days Team Winner
- Team who loses the most % of BMI
- Team who has the most steps
- Team who has the most improved Blood Pressure Screening
- Team who has the most improved Blood Glucose screening
- Team who has the most improved Cholesterol Screening
Community Care will be assisting those who are home bound. A representative will schedule a time to meet with you one on one to provide the month’s topical information and screenings. All who are participating through their homes will be put on the Village Team.
It is the Team Captain’s responsibility to record the number of total team steps. They also need to get everyone ready and excited to participate! If so desired, the Team Captain can also delegate each team member to submit their own statistics if they wish. Please email the monthly totals to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following subject “ MMHD Team Name – month“.
How much does it cost?
The Cost is free thanks to our Partners University Hospitals and Community Care.
Special Offers from Local Fitness Centers
Totally Fit – Receive 15% off first month of classes.