Ben Garlich, Mayor
- Married to Karen, two daughters, two granddaughters and two sons-in-law.
- Middlefield Village Councilman 80s and 90s.
- Past Middlefield Village Mayor 1994-2000.
- Management positions for past 30 years with two great companies: Lincoln Electric and Dillen Products Inc.
- Current Middlefield Village Mayor, term 2012-2016
Leslie Gambosi-McCoy, Economic Development Director
Leslie serves as the Director of Economic Development. She oversees business recruitment and retention efforts across the Village. Prior to her role with the Village, Leslie served as the Economic Development Director for the City of Maple Heights. A graduate of Bowling Green State University and DeVry University, Leslie holds a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration Degree along with Master’s in Business Administration.
Bill Blue, Chairman
- Married to Karen (Brewster) both 1972 graduates of Cardinal High School Four children, three grandchildren
- Village resident for 48 years, Village councilman 2005–present.
Graduated Kent State – Geauga 1994.
- Held various management positions over the past 30+ years, in the manufacturing of rubber and plastics products.
“Growing the industrial, commercial and retail business base in Middlefield is a major focus of this village administration, and I am honored to be part of the Economic Development Committee charged with making that happen. Middlefield is my hometown, and I look forward to helping make it an even better place for businesses and families to raise their children.”
David C. Dietrich, AICP
- Director, Geauga County Planning Commission
- M.A. Planning, University of Akron
- Member, American Institute of Certified Planners
- Responsible for administration and enforcement of County Subdivision Regulations – lot splits, lot consolidations, and subdivision plats. Review of township zoning regulations; preparation of township land use plans and zoning maps Census data analysis Administration of County Farmland Preservation Program Administration of County Wetlands Mitigation Bank.
A village resident for over 35 years, married (Kathye), two children, Ryan & Amanda, Cardinal High School graduates. Former member of Middlefield Village Planning and Zoning Commission for 20 years and current member of Economic Development Committee.
- A Middlefield resident for 13 years.
- Recently retired business owner of the local Sears Hometown Store at Harrington Square from 1998 to 2011.
- Born and raised in central Minnesota. Married to Sandra for 47 years. Four children and enjoy four grandchildren.
- Managed stores for a major retailer for 38 years in various states. Served on numerous shopping center association boards.
- An active member of St. Lucy’s Catholic Church. Volunteers and is presently serving on the Parish Finance Committee.
David McDowell, CPA
- Retired Financial Executive with over 50 years of finance and accounting experience primarily in the Profit, Governmental and Nonprofit Management field.
- Graduated from Cleveland State University in 1962 with a BBA degree, major in Accounting.
- Began career with Ernst & Ernst (now Ernst & Young), followed by increasing financial management responsibility at Rayco Int’l., Saint Luke’s Hospital,
- Greater Cleveland Hospital Association, Cities of Highland Heights and Willowick and Lake View Cemetery.
- Married Judy Holzheimer, who grew up in Middlefield, in 1962 in the United Methodist Church of Middlefield.
We have three grown children (two daughters and a son) living within the area and 6 grandchildren. Residents of Middlefield for 33 years. David was very pleased to have been able to serve the community continuously on the Middlefield Village Council for 23 years, more than any other member of council in the history of the Village of Middlefield.